- Date: April 28, 2017, from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Venue: Politecnico di Milano, Aula Magna – Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, Milan (Italy)
- The event is free of charge.
- Agenda and registration at http://www.babylux-project.eu/press/final-event
- The conference is organized by Politecnico di Milano (Department of Physics), Fondazione Politecnico di Milano, ICFO-Institute of Photonic Sciences, Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT, Hemophotonics SL, PicoQuant GmbH, Loop, Capital Region of Denmark and Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico and supported by SIN (Società Italiana di Neonatologia).
- For more info: http://www.babylux-project.eu
- Follow #BabyLuxproject on social media
Light-to-Cure: Steps from Photonics to Improved Care of Neonates Born Preterm According to the Global Action Report published by The World Health Organization in 2012, preterm births are 15 million every year and rising. BabyLux – An Optical Neuro-Monitor of Cerebral Oxygen Metabolism and Blood Flow for Neonatology – provides an innovative tool to monitor and assess brain blood flow and oxygenation in extremely preterm neonates. A precise, non-invasive integrated system is the key to enable neonatologists to prevent neurological damages due to lack of oxygenation in the brain, frequently accompanying premature births. BabyLux takes up complete R&D works and extends already tested prototypes to the level of demonstrator, bridging the gap between research products and commercialization. The system uses photonic technologies, such as diffuse correlation spectroscopy, DCS, and time resolved near-infrared spectroscopy (TRS), in an innovative combination. The project is funded by the European Commission under the ICT Policy Support Programme (ICT PSP), as part of the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Program (Grant agreement n. 620996).
by Sabrina Brigadoi