I am so thrilled of hosting the next fNIRS meeting in Boston.
Stacey and I have already started preparing for the event. We have secured the site, the George Sherman Union, in the heart of Boston University Campus. The venue is walking distance from downtown Boston and Central Square in Cambridge, and it can be easily reached via Storrow Drive, I-90, and public transportation.
The first floor of the GSU is a lively meeting center for students with several restaurants and shops. The conference rooms are in the second floor.
We are planning to divide Metcalf Hall (12,000 square feet) into two spaces: Metcalf Large (auditorium, 650-700 seats) and Metcalf Small (lunch).
I made a temporary logo with Boston skylight, but with the help of Silvina Ferradal and suggestions from Pepe, we are working on other options.
The initial local committee includes representatives from most local Universities:
- Charles Nelson (Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School)
- David Boas (Boston University)
- Stefan Carp (Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School)
- Qianqian Fang (Northeastern University)
- Angelo Farina (Tufts University)
- Meryem Yucel (Boston University)
Other local members will be added soon.
We are finalizing the site and logistics for the fNIRS course and for the social event.