By Sergio Novi and Stacey Ladieu
Sorted by dates. If you know of any other event that you think it should be announced here, please do contact us with the event information so that we can be more comprehensive. For future issues, we encourage you to announce events in our Facebook group or in Twitter using the hashtag #fNIRSevent
Sao Paulo Advanced School in Biophotonics
- Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
- Dates: 20-29 March 2019
- Website: https://www.biophotonics2019br.com/
The Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on Modern Topics in Biophotonics will take place on Sao Carlos (Sao Paulo, Brazil) from March 20th to 29th. The school will cover the most relevant topics on Biophotonics, such as tissue optics, neurophotonics and non linear optical techniques. The school aims to give attendees a broad overview of modern optical techniques and their applications.
OSA Optics and the Brain
- Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Dates: April 14-17 2019
- Website: https://www.osa.org/en-us/meetings/osa_meetings/osa_biophotonics_congress/program/optics_and_the_brain/
The Optics and the Brain meeting will be held in Tucson (Arizona) from April 14 to 17. The meeting will focus on cutting-edge research and innovative tool and techniques to investigate the brain and nervous system. Be alert, submission deadline is March 18.
Training course on Near-infrared Spectroscopy
- University Paris Descartes, 45 rue des saints Pères, 75006 PARIS
- Dates: April, 15-16, 2019
- Website: https://inc.parisdescartes.fr/fr/2018/10/the-fnirs-2019-international-gathering-will-take-place-in-march-2019/?fbclid=IwAR2eltAiEmM3-iGnAQyat6fRw_KJ7sQOR4wbU4fwGu8VEKKR1g1xbfiJAB8
Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy is a non-invasive imaging technique that is gaining momentum. Indeed it can be readily used on babies or on persons performing physically demanding tasks such as high level sportsmen. The 2 day course will take place at the University Paris Descartes, 45 rue des saints Pères, 75006 PARIS. Registrations are open on CanditOnline until March 14.
For more information, email Judit Gervain.
3rd Artinis NIRS Symposium
- Egmond aan Zee, The Netherlands,
- Dates: May 9 – 11, 2019
- Website: https://www.artinis.com/artscientific-2019
The symposium will account with several hands-on experiences, NIRS workshops, and scientific lectures.
6th International Congress on Microscopy and Spectroscopy (INTERM)
- Oludeniz, Turkey,
- Dates: May 12-18, 2019
- Submissions for poster presentations are still open until March 8, 2019.
- Website: http://www.intermcongress.org/?fbclid=IwAR0xAWeKBYOx0nTTbIPk7jaLND6-mRrU_fGBiIl0Ru6b3_O-kWG_Kc5CG6Q
The meeting will cover not only developments in microscopy and spectroscopy, but also reveal the transformation role of microscopy in supporting a range of physical and life sciences.
fNIRS Training Course
- Beijing Normal University
- Dates: May 17-19, 2019
- Website: http://bcns.org.cn/app/articles/article_detail/21/190
Dr. Haijing Niu is hosting a three-day fNIRS training course at Beijing Normal University this May. The intensive course, containing both lectures and hands-on practice sessions, will provide a great opportunity to students and researchers all over China to learn the technique in various aspects including principles, data acquisition, analysis methods and applications. The course will primarily rely on HOMER2 and FC-NIRS software for data analysis.
- Acibadem University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Dates: May 25-26, 2019.
- Website: www.acibadem.edu.tr
ECI – Advances in Optics for Biotechnology, Medicine and Surgery XVI
- Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
- Dates: June 2-6, 2019
- Website: http://www.engconf.org/conferences/biotechnology/advances-in-optics-for-biotechnology-medicine-and-surgery-xvi/
OHBM Annual Meeting
- Rome, Italy
- Dates: June, 9-13, 2019
- Website: https://www.humanbrainmapping.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=3882&acti
The OHBM Annual Meeting will be held in Rome (Italy) from June 9 to 13. The OHBM is one of the main conferences within the neuroscience field. The deadline for early registration is March 20. Early Registration: March 20, 2019; Standard Registration: March 21, 2019 – May 29, 2019; Onsite Registration: May 30, 2019 – June 14, 2019
SPIE ECBO – Diffuse Optical Spectroscopy and Imaging
The Diffuse Optical Spectroscopy and Imaging will take place on Munich (Germany) from June 23 to 27th. The conference aims to provide an interdisciplinary forum for researchers to report and discuss their recent results and applications for using diffusing light to investigate the structural and functional properties of tissue.
- Munich, Germany
- Dates: June 23 – 27, 2019
- Website: https://spie.org/EBO/
29th International Symposium on Cerebral Blood Flow, Metabolism and Function (Brain & Brain PET 2019)
- Yokohama, Japan
- Dates: July 4 – 7, 2019
- Website: http://brain2019.jp
The International Symposium on Cerebral Blood Flow, Metabolism and Function in conjunction with the International Conference on Quantification of Brain Function with PET with will take place on Yokohama, the second largest city in Japan, from July 4th to 7th. The conference will cover several aspects within the neuroscience field, focusing on brain function, metabolism and cerebral blood flow. The goal of the conference is to present the state-of-the art on these topics.
19th Biennial meeting of the International Council for NIR Spectroscopy (NIR 2019)
- Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Dates: September 15- 20, 2019
- Website: http://nir2019.com/
- Held as part of NIR 2019
- Dates: September 17 & 18, 2019
- Website: https://nirstralia.com
- fNIRS-UK meeting.
- University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Dates: September 26-27, 2019
- Website: To be announced soon.