By the SfNIRS board
SfNIRS is looking for a new society logo. Please find below the guidelines below for submitting a proposal.
- Send proposals to email@example.com.
- You can submit as many proposals as you want, but if you submit more than one, we expect them to be substantially different; e.g. the same logo with two different color palettes will not be considered. The same holds for other small variations. If the board notes that a individual’s submissions are sufficiently similar, ALL variants of that submission will be eliminated from consideration.
- There is no deadline. We will simply stop considering new entries when an appropriate logo is identified and agreed upon by the SfNIRS board. While we intend to have a new logo to present to the society during the Boston conference in October, we will not rush the decision, and we will pass if we can’t find a good replacement by that date.
- Valid submission formats are .svg and .png only. The preferred format is .svg. If you choose to submit a .png resolution has to be at least 1200ppi and a minimum of 512×512 pixels (despite this minimum size, the logo is not required to be square e.g. 600×800 would be acceptable), and without compression.
- By submitting a proposal you are agreeing to transfer all rights to the society regarding the logo.
- You can use any color palette that you like.
- The background should be transparent.
- There is no predefined style preferred. Make it look retro, chic, modern, gothic, minimalistic, baroque, abstract… Up to you! Surprise us!!
- No feedback will be provided by any board members on any logos that are submitted, but you are allowed to seek and get feedback from other members of the society as well as from non-members.
- The decision of the board once taken will be final. No appeal will be allowed.
- There is no economic nor in-kind reward or compensation for submitting proposals, including the winning logo.