The fNIRS2022 DEI Travel Award aims to support and recognize researchers from racial, ethnic, and disability groups that have been historically under-represented in scientific work related to fNIRS in their home country or internationally
This award also aims to support research with significant impacts on culturally diverse and underrepresented minority populations.
The DEI Travel Award will provide a $500 stipend to cover travel expenses and the registration fee.
If the recipients attend the conference virtually, it will only cover the registration fee
Application deadline: July 31, 2022
The award announcement will be made in mid-September, before conference registration closes.
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- The candidate must be a member of the Society for fNIRS
- The candidate must submit one (or more) abstract(s) as a lead author
- Underrepresented candidates in the biomedical, engineering, clinical, behavioral, and social sciences are encouraged to apply. Including but not limited to the following:
- Individuals from under-represented racial and ethnic groups from any countries
- Individuals from low income, low-middle income, and upper-middle income countries identified by the World Bank
- Individuals with disabilities
A full application package should contain:
- A one-page cover letter that includes the following information
- Whether the candidate has any other travel awards/forms of financial support to attend fNIRS 2022 conference
- Whether the candidate attend the conference in person or virtually
- A curriculum vitae demonstrating the candidate’s accomplishments (max. 2-page length)
- A copy of the candidate’s submitted abstract
- An additional letter of support, if desired
Applications with an incomplete package will not be considered
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31 2022
These awards are sponsored by NIH NINDS and NIBIB grant R13NS117007