The Society for fNIRS has adopted Neurophotonics as its official journal.
Please consider submitting your next relevant article to Neurophotonics.
Scope: Neurophotonics covers advances in optical technology applicable to study of the brain and their impact on the basic and clinical neuroscience applications.
Founded in 2014, Neurophotonics has had a healthy start in indexing, submissions, and citations:
- PubMed, PubMed Central, Scopus, Ei Compendex, Web of Science-SCIE, Inspec, and Embase index the journal. It is covered by all the major relevant search services.
- In 2019, 64 articles were published.
- In the current citation indexing year, Neurophotonics received the following scores:
- Two-year impact factor: 3.581
- Five-year impact factor: 3.845
- CiteScore (three-year Scopus metric): 3.00
- Neurophotonics has the following placement in its CiteScore categories:
- 85th percentile for the CiteScore Medicine-Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Imaging
- 75th percentile for Health Professions-Radiological and Ultrasound Technology
- 68th percentile for Neuroscience (miscellaneous).
In order to be alerted to new articles in Neurophotonics, sign up for e-alerts on the SPIE Digital Library.
In July 2018, Neurophotonics adopted a Gold open access publishing model. All articles from volume 1, issue 1 to the current issue are freely available on the SPIE Digital Library.
Authors of accepted articles must pay an article processing fee (APC); SPIE members, affiliates of SPIE Digital Library subscribing institutions, and other classes of authors are eligible for a discount from the standard $1,675 APC.
Past Special Issues
In 2019, Neurophotonics published a Special Section on “Advanced Retinal Imaging: Instrumentation, Methods, and Applications,” guest edited by Ji Yi, Alfredo Dubra, and Sina Farsiu. You can browse the table of contents here.
In 2017 – 2018, Neurophotonics published a Special Series on fNIRS, guest edited by Judit Gervain and Joseph Culver. You can browse part 1 here, part 2 here, and part 3 here.
In 2017, Neurophotonics published a Special Section on “Pioneers in Neurophotonics: Honoring Professor Amiram Grinvald,” guest edited by Ron D. Frostig and Carl C. Petersen. You can browse the table of contents here.
In 2016, Neurophotonics published a Special Section on “Super Resolution Microscopy of Neural Structure and Function,” guest edited by U. Valentin Nägerl and Jean-Baptiste Sibarita. You can browse the table of contents here.
Also in 2016, Neurophotonics published a Special Section on “Clinical Near-Infrared Spectroscopy and Imaging the Brain,” guest edited by Marco Ferrari, Joseph Culver, Yoko Hoshi, and Heidrun Wabnitz. You can browse the table of contents here.
Find more information about past, future, and current Neurophotonics Special Sections here.