Founded in 2014, Neurophotonics has had a healthy start in indexing, submissions, and citations:
- PubMed, PubMed Central, Scopus, Ei Compendex, Web of Science-SCIE, and Inspec include the journal in their indexes. It is covered by all the major relevant search services.
- In 2017, 78 articles were published.
- In the current citation indexing year, Neurophotonics received the following scores:
- Two-year impact factor: 4.129
- Five-year impact factor: 4.319
- CiteScore, a three-year Scopus metric: 3.52
- Neurophotonics has the following placement in its CiteScore categories:
- 92nd percentile for the CiteScore Medicine-Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Imaging
- 90th percentile for Health Professions-Radiological and Ultrasound Technology
- 82nd percentile for Neuroscience (miscellaneous).
In July 2018, Neurophotonics adopted a gold open access publishing model; the APC must be paid for articles to be published in the 2019 volume. Affiliates of SPIE Digital Library subscribing institutions and SPIE members will receive a 25% discount from the standard $1,675 APC.
In order to keep track of the new articles in Neurophotonics, sign up for e-alerts on the SPIE Digital Library.
Past Special Issues
In 2016, Neurophotonics published a Special Issue on “Clinical Near-Infrared Spectroscopy and Imaging the Brain”. You can browse the table of contents here.
In 2014, NeuroImage published a Special Issue on “Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS)” featuring 57 review articles and original submissions highlighting recent developments. You can browse the table of contents here.