By Maria Angela Franceschini and Ippeita Dan
We are excited about the return of our meeting face-to-face! fNIRS 2022 will be held in Boston between October 9th and 12th. As the date for our biennial meeting approaches, the last few months have been hectic. If you have been following us on social media, you surely are aware of some of the goings-on. But if you’ve missed the announcements, the following provides a summary.(more…)
By Martin Wolf and Joe Culver
With this award, the Society for functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy would like to honor a member for its outstanding service to our community. Such service could be in various fields of our community, including:
- Educating community members
- Standardization of equipment, software, or data
- Organizing events
- Advancing the Society in other ways
The fNIRS2022 DEI Travel Award aims to support and recognize researchers from racial, ethnic, and disability groups that have been historically under-represented in scientific work related to fNIRS in their home country or internationally
This award also aims to support research with significant impacts on culturally diverse and underrepresented minority populations.(more…)
By the SfNIRS board
SfNIRS is looking for a new society logo. Please find below the guidelines below for submitting a proposal.
- Send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can submit as many proposals as you want, but if you submit more than one, we expect them to be substantially different; e.g. the same logo with two different color palettes will not be considered. The same holds for other small variations. If the board notes that a individual’s submissions are sufficiently similar, ALL variants of that submission will be eliminated from consideration.
- There is no deadline. We will simply stop considering new entries when an appropriate logo is identified and agreed upon by the SfNIRS board. While we intend to have a new logo to present to the society during the Boston conference in October, we will not rush the decision, and we will pass if we can’t find a good replacement by that date.
- Valid submission formats are .svg and .png only. The preferred format is .svg. If you choose to submit a .png resolution has to be at least 1200ppi and a minimum of 512×512 pixels (despite this minimum size, the logo is not required to be square e.g. 600×800 would be acceptable), and without compression.
- By submitting a proposal you are agreeing to transfer all rights to the society regarding the logo.
- You can use any color palette that you like.
- The background should be transparent.
- There is no predefined style preferred. Make it look retro, chic, modern, gothic, minimalistic, baroque, abstract… Up to you! Surprise us!!
- No feedback will be provided by any board members on any logos that are submitted, but you are allowed to seek and get feedback from other members of the society as well as from non-members.
- The decision of the board once taken will be final. No appeal will be allowed.
- There is no economic nor in-kind reward or compensation for submitting proposals, including the winning logo.